Associate Professor of the Translational Medical Bioengineering Department, Ph.D.
Olena Golembiovska is a specialist in pharmacy, medical and analytical chemistry.
Bachelor degree, Pharmacy (2007)
Kyiv Medical University of Ukrainian Association of Folk Medicine (Kyiv, Ukraine) (Magna Cum Laude).
MSc, General Pharmacy (2009)
Shupyk National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education (Kyiv, Ukraine) (Magna Cum Laude). Thesis: «Biologically active compounds of Salvia officinalis in medicines with various technologies for prevention and treatment of diseases» under the supervision of the professor, Doctor of Pharm.Sc. Natalia Vetyutneva.
PhD, Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Pharmacognosy (2014)
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology of Ukrainian National Academy of Medical Science (Kyiv, Ukraine). Dissertation: “Pharmacognostical study of self-heal (Prunella vulgaris L.)”. Supervisor: Tsurkan O.O., professor, Doctor of Pharm.D.; defended on 13.06.2014 at Zaporizhzhya State Medical University, Ministry of Health of Ukraine D 17.600.03
• Pharmacist’s assistant, “Biokon Pharmacy”, Kyiv, Ukraine (2005-2006)
• Pharmacist-intern, KP “Pharmacy”, Kyiv, Ukraine (2007-2008)
• Senior researcher of the State University “Institute of Physical-Organic Chemistry and Carbon Chemistry named after L.M. Lytvynenko of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine”, Kyiv, Ukraine (2015-2016)
• Engineer (2009-2010), junior researcher (2010-2012), senior researcher (2012-2015), acting head (2015-2017), head of the State Laboratory for the Analysis of the Quality of Medicines of the State University “Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine”, Kyiv, Ukraine (2015-2017)
• Engineer of Laboratory 10-A of the Department of Synthesis of Heterocyclic Compounds of the Institute of Organic Chemistry of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine (2017-2021)
• Senior lecturer (2020-2022), associate professor (2022-present) of the Department of Translational Medical Bioengineering, Faculty of Biomedical Engineering, National Technical University of Ukraine “Ihor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute”, Kyiv, Ukraine
• Assistant of the Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Pharmacognosy, Course “Standardization of Medicines” and “Pharmaceutical Chemistry”, Faculty of Pharmacy, Kyiv Medical University of the Ukrainian Association of Folk Medicine, Kyiv, Ukraine (2011-2014)
• Invited lecturer, course “Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) in Pharmacy”, Faculty of Pharmacy, Shupyk National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education, Kyiv, Ukraine (2012)
Professional interests and skills:
Chemical analysis involving instrumental techniques, chromatographic separations, solvent extractions, qualitative, quantitative and structural spectroscopy, classical wet chemical analysis and microscopy; design, experimental development and implementation of Standard Operational Procedures (SOP) for laboratory; implementation and initial start-up of chemical analysis QA/QC program for laboratory equipment; development of analytical methodologies for routine and non-routine samples; devising, developing and validation of analytical methods and equipment, especially gas chromatography and high pressure liquid chromatography; management of laboratory including evaluation and training of analytical chemists.
Cooperates with various scientific and research organizations in the framework of providing independent expert and consulting assistance in the field of pharmacy.